While your community can exist across multiple spaces and platforms, have a place that you can call home for your community. The community's landing page should capture everything about the community helping you grow your community by acquiring new users.
Anatomy of a great landing page for a community:
- Clear articulation of who the community is for and what the community is about. Why should a member join the community? What can he/she expect? Examples below:
- Indiehackers: Helping each other start profitable online businesses and side projects
- Trailblazers: Meet, engage, learn Salesforce and get inspired together
- ProductHunt: a place for product-loving enthusiasts to share and geek out about the latest mobile apps, websites, hardware projects, and tech creations.
- Call-to-action that is easy to understand and act upon. Example: Join our community, Sign-up to get access.
- What are the core values that define the community's identity
- FAQs section and an easy way for members to reach out to someone (admins/moderators) for any questions
- Showcase some of the best content from the community - these could be around outcomes or creations by the community
- Recognise the champions of your community on the landing page
Carrd, Mailchimp, Unbounce, ConvertKit, Unicorn Platform - great tools for creating landing pages
Harry's Marketing Examples - a step-by-step guide to writing landing pages