Highlighting the contributions of a member in a community is referred to as the member spotlight. The purpose or aim of this is to show appreciation for those members who have been consistent or have done something outstanding for the community.
How can you put a member in the spotlight?
- DM them personally or have a 1-on-1 call if it’s feasible.
- Commend their efforts in the community for everyone to see and appreciate too.
- Feature them through other channels if you have that like newsletter or social media.
Why should you do member spotlights?
- It increases morale in the community.
- Shows that you’re not only active but also appreciative of their efforts.
- They feel valued and become more intimately involved with the community.
- It becomes an example for others to look at and follow in their footsteps.
- Motivates the member in the spotlight as well as others to push towards adding more value to the community.